We are looking fro more parents to join our parents group. The group meets quarterly at 6pm on Wednesdays to discuss the nursery, input from parents and improvements we can make to the nursery environment with money raised from parents group fundraisers. If you would like to join please speek to a member of staff.
Please see below for more information on the parents group.
Constitution for Camelon Nursery Parent Group
This is the constitution for the Camelon Nursery Parent Group associated with Camelon Nursery. Throughout this document the word “parents” shall apply to parents and carers alike.
1. The objectives of the Camelon Nursery Parent Group are:
- To work in partnership with the nursery to create a welcoming environment which is inclusive for all parents, staff and members of the community who use the facility as a community learning environment
- To promote partnership between the nursery, its pupils, parents, carers, staff and the wider community who make use of the facilities provided
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils whilst supporting activities to assist parents to help them support their children
- To identify and represent the views of parents, and other interested parties on the education provided by the nursery and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils and those who support such
- To help the nursery develop positive relationships which will assist in the creation of a community learning environment open to all, in the spirit of the Equality Act.
2. The membership will be a minimum of 3 parents or carers of children attending the nursery or staff. Anyone can volunteer to be a member at any time. The Chair and Secretary of Camelon Nursery Parent Group will be appointed by Camelon Nursery Parent Group members immediately following its formation. Parents can volunteer to be an office bearer. If more than one volunteer comes forward for the same position we will draw names out of a hat. The office bearers will be decided at a Parents group meeting.
3. Camelon Nursery Parent Group office bearers will volunteer for a period of 2 years after which they may volunteer again if they wish.
4. The Parent Group may co-opt up to 4 additional co-opted members to assist it with carrying out its functions. Co-opted members will be invited to serve for a period of 1 year, after which time the Parent Group will review and consider requirements for co-opted membership.
5. The Parent Group is accountable to all parents with children at Camelon Nursery.
6. If any member of the Parent Group requests a special general meeting to discuss issues falling within the Parent Group’s remit, the Parent Group shall arrange this. The Parent Group shall give all parents and staff at least 2 weeks notice of the meeting and, at the same time, circulate notice of the matter, or matters, to be discussed at the meeting.
7. The Annual Meeting will be held in June of each year. A notice of the meeting including date, time, and place will be sent to all parents at least two weeks in advance. The meeting will include:
· a report on the work of the Parent Group and its committee
· discussion of issues that parents may wish to raise
8. The Parent Group will meet at least twice in every school term.
Should a vote be necessary to make a decision, each member at the meeting will have one vote, with the Chair having a casting vote in the event of a tie.
Any member of the Parent Group can request that an additional meeting be held, and all members of the Parent Group will be given at least two weeks notice of date, time and place of the meeting.
9. It is expected that all Parent Group representatives conduct themselves in an appropriate manner showing respect and due consideration towards all members of the school community. If these expectations are not fulfilled, the appropriateness of membership would be discussed and membership terminated if the majority of parent members in attendance at a meeting agree. Termination of membership would be confirmed in writing to the member.
10. Copies of the minutes of all meetings will be available to all parents of children at Camelon Nursery and to all staff at the nursery. Copies will be available from the Secretary of the Parent Group and from the nursery office. Copies can also be viewed on the school website.
Meetings of the Parent Group shall be open to all parents, unless the Parent Group is discussing an issue which it considers to be confidential. In such discussions, only members of the Parent Group and the Head teacher and or Nursery manager can attend.
11. The Parent Group may change its constitution after obtaining consent from parents. Parents will be sent a copy of any proposed amendment and given 2 weeks time to respond to the proposal.
12. Should the Parent Group cease to exist, any remaining funds will be passed to the education authority to be used for the benefit of the school.